350 S. Main St. (P.O.Box 2850)
Florence, Arizona, 85232
District Office: (520) 868-2300
Fax: (520) 868-2302
Florence Unified School District is located in the Pinal County
Seat, Florence, Arizona. The district serves about 1,700 students
in grades K-12. The district has three schools, an elementary, middle,
and high school, serving a geographical area of almost 1000 square
miles. Also joining our district will be Johnson Ranch Elementary.
In addition to basic regular education the district supports strong
special education, computer, music, substance abuse prevention,
and interscholastic athletic programs, as well as alternative school.
The five member governing board has a strategic plan that emphasizes
community involvement, enhancement of the basic skills in all core
subject areas, and the development of a high school graduate who
will yearn for life long learning. The faculty and staff feel that
self-esteem building has much to do with successful living and therefore,
positive reinforcement of students and staff is emphasized. In short
we believe that all of our students can learn and should be given
the opportunity for successful learning to their highest potential.
We also feel that strong parental and family involvement is essential
in our community.
The Florence Unified School District Governing Board is committed
to providing each student with an educational foundation, empowering
them with experiences and values to develop individuals, with the
ability to successfully achieve their dreams in our rapidly changing
- To promote experiences that support academic excellence through
the North Central Accreditation Process.
- To provide a positive climate in which students can participate
in extra curricular activities
- To promote the development of an academic curriculum which contains
a fully articulated scope and sequence.
- To promote the development of a consistent instructional format
throughout the district.
- To ensure the implementation of the district's curriculum.
- To ensure that the district's instructional format is implemented.
- To encourage the development of a partnership between the school
- To provide a safe, healthy, and positive environment which will
enable all employees to successfully and professionally perform
- To align the job descriptions of all district employees with
the mission statement and goals adopted by the district.
- To develop a plan to address the vocational and career education
needs of the students.
Keeping these goals in mind, we maintain a strong profile in academic
and athletic competition and are always striving to improve our
programs. Our elementary students participate in Science Olympiad,
State Reading Contest, and Easter Seals Hoop Shoot Contest. Middle
schools students participate in an annual peer retreat, Science
Olympiad, and Spelling Bees. National Honor Society, and Spanish
Club are just a few of the clubs available for students at the high
school. Both middle and high school students are required to complete
many hours of civic responsibility to graduate.
350 S. Main St.
P.O. Box 2850
Florence, AZ 85232
Alvarado, Robert (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Carrasco, Jake (email@example.com)